As we have seen an angry irritated Thanos impaled Tony with his own suit and then preparing to go for final blow. Surprisingly, at that very moment, Dr. Strange agreed to give up the ‘Time Stone’ and Thanos in exchange spared Tony’s life. Now there are three possibilities why Tony survived even after getting impaled by Mad Titan —
- Thanos did impaled Stark but the attack was not for immediate kill. Thanos wanted to watch Stark suffer to death. That’s why the weapon did not impaled Tony’s heart or any other specific organ that could result death. So he was injured badly but not enough to die immediately. As we have seen Tony was coating nano-particles on his injury.
- Thanos already had the soul stone while fighting Stark. Now when Sorceror Supreme made a deal with him in exchange for Tony’s life, it could have been Thanos spared Tony’s life using soul stone.
- Or it could be all part of the Strange’s strange plan that saved Tony. Considering, Dr.Strange’s past record in MCU and the rumor about Avenger 4 being a time travelling movie; it could be Strange who did some trick with the Time stone before giving up which also saved Tony even after being impaled. Remember his last words “It’s the only way…”.
Now, as MCU has not cleared the specific reason, these are all possibilities. One of these three or all of them may be the reason of Tony’s survival. I guess, Avenger 4 will clear all the doubts. So Let’s wait and watch.
Yes. First, he’s unlocked his full power as the God of Thunder. He’s been defeated and has come back out of the proverbial abyss. Narratively, he’s nearing the end of his Hero’s Journey and his unlocked his full potential.
Second, if you saw that last scene, Thor threw the Storm-breaker at Thanos. By this time, Thanos had ALL the stones; he activated them to block the axe, but it still got through and stabbed him right in the chest. Thanos even told Thor that he should’ve gone for the head. If Thor did, there would be no need for Avengers 4 though, hence why.
Yes right now he’s the most powerful Avenger. My opinion is that in Avengers 4, he’s going to be the one who will ultimate physically kill Thanos (with an axe to head, as was foreshadowed by Thanos himself), and that Cap and Iron Man are going to sacrifice themselves to “snap” the gauntlet again to bring back all the heroes who were “snapped” out of existence (but not the ones Thanos killed permanently; they’re gone for good).
I won’t be ranking all the characters, so here are my picks for the Top 5s:
- Thanos : He has a backstory and a reason to do what he’s doing. Though his way isn’t ethical, but he thinks that he’s doing good and maintaining balance by eradicating exactly half of the Universe. He’s a real badass, defeated Hulk with his own brute strength. He knows how to use infinity stones and one by one he got all the stones. The moment at Vormir was saddening, he sacrificed Gamora to gain the Infinity Stone, and that showed how focused and determined he was to get what he wanted even if it cost him his beloved daughter, his Black Order or anything.
- Thor : He’s lost so much since Thor : The Dark World, he lost his mother, father, hammer(mjolnir), his best friends were killed by his sister, lost his eye, lost his homeworld. The only good thing happened to him in Ragnarok was that he got to know his true hidden powers. But infinity war starts exactly where Ragnarok ends, he loses his brother, hiemdall, half of the asgardians. But, then he meets the Guardians of the Galaxy. He teamed up with Rocket and Groot to go to Nidavellir and forge a new weapon. And, holy shit, he’s become the total badass super strongest avenger. Plus, he gets a new eye! He’s more powerful now than he was at the end of Ragnarok. And he brings in a good amout of Humor.()
- Iron Man : Though, my personal favourites are, and will always be, Thor and Captain America but I think Iron Man was underrated because everyone is talking about either Thanos, or Thor, or the Deaths especially Spiderman’s. Tony was the absolute best in this Movie. He was the only one that made Thanos bleed. And his Bleeding Edge armor was the best suit that anyone has ever seen. He was able to mod it into anythink he wanted to. Tony was prepared for Thanos…and… Thanos knew him too!, I got goosebumps when Thanos said “Stark”. Tony will play a big role in the next Avengers.
- Dr Strange : He’s grown so much powerful than the last time we saw him. His battle with Thanos at Titan was Amazing, he got to show his skills and he was indeed an important part of Infinity war. He saw more than 14 million future possibilities and everything that happened at the end of Avengers: infinity war, was the only 1 successful way to defeat Thanos. So, everything… all those who disintegrated when Thanos snapped his fingers, was already forseen by Dr Strange.
- Scarlett Witch : Deciding the 5th Rank was very difficult given that many characters deserve this position such as Peter Parker, Steve Rogers, T’Chala , Black Widow and Rocket. All of them had done extremely good in this movie, but I will give the edge to Wanda, she was brilliant, in the beginning she tried her best to protect Vision from Proxima midnight and Corvus Glaive. It was heartbreaking what she had to do to destroy the Mind Stone. She killed Proxima midnight, she had a big role to play in this movie.
I believe Steve, Black Widow, Hulk, and Nebula will have a bigger role to play in the next movie. I was let down by the Black order because they weren’t as strong as I expected. Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf did well. Spider-man was excellent, his death was heartbreaking and the most saddest part of the movie. People are hating Star Lord, but his actions were just. Anyone would be angry enough to kill the person who has killed his loved one. Hulk, people think that he’s too afraid of Thanos that he didn’t come out but I have my own theory about it and which feels very Apt. Hulk has now his own personality.
Shout out to Loki and Heimdall. They had nothing new to do with Loki’s character, as we saw in Ragnarok, he became too “Predictable”, and was handled with humor. Though I would love to see him again, but as a cunning and a deceiving Villain or an Anti-hero and not as a joke.
The movie was well balanced with Action, story and humor.
The first two is about MCU and the third one is from infinity war
- I don’t know why, Oxygen is considered as a universal breathing medium in MCU. All the species in MCU seems to be living in an oxygen surrounded environment. All those planets Titan, Xandar, Knowhere, That grandmaster planet, ego etc seems to be covered in oxygen layered atmosphere !!!!
- Also the usage of English. Every Species in MCU is using English as a medium for communication. Thanos, Black order, Ronan, xandarians etc seems to be familiar with the usage of English. How ????
- No worries about oxygen problem in the space.
There is only one instance of characters worrying about breathing in this film, and it’s when Spider-Man is being dragged into the atmosphere by one of Thanos’ ships. Iron Man sends him his new armor, and everything ends up fine. Somehow, despite all of the space travel and distant planets, nobody ever worries about oxygen again.
If that wasn’t enough, some characters even remove their (presumably) oxygenated headgear in dangerous scenarios.
Most notably, Tony Stark enters a spaceship and takes his helmet off without a second thought.
Sure, we’re aware that he probably has something in his suit that tells him whether or not it’s safe to breathe the air, but he doesn’t even so much as question his situation. This is the same guy who suffered from panic attacks in Iron Man 3, mind you. It might have been a few years since then, but there is no way that the same guy would be totally fine about stowing away on an alien spaceship.
Then Spider-Man absent-mindedly takes off his mask, just because he sees Tony without his!
Even the Infinity Gauntlet comic thought to address this, with Doctor Strange casting a spell on the Avengers to make sure they could breathe in space for a limited time. The MCU characters are way too careless about space travel.
My favorite scene is when Tony is about to get squashed by Obsidian Cull, nothing but outstretched arms to protect against that hammer from hell that Cull lugs around, and the hammer/axe stops mid-swing. Out pops everyone’s favorite arachnid/human hybrid, young Peter Parker who is actually so polite as to greet the would-be hero crusher and calls Tony “Mr. Stark”
Then we get a look at what Peters been doing in his off time. After being tossed like a rag doll, he apparently slings some web to catch himself, and then more to catch the car that Obsidian Cull heaves at Iron Man, bringing it down squarely on the villain’s head.
I was not a big Spider Man comic reader, but I am constantly hearing on social media how much Peter has to hold back in battle because he doesn’t really want to kill anyone. Most of what we see is just a sample of his full physical strength, and if its proportionate to a real spider, hes about 200 times as strong as a normal human. The comics suggest that he is stronger than that, but let’s just go with the proportionate strength of a real spider which can lift over 200 times it’s own body weight. He even apologizes to the weapons buyer on the ferry for tossing him so hard. I think we’ll soon get a taste of Spidey’s full strength and the combat training hes done since we left him in Homecoming.